Researchers have found that just a handful of mushrooms have approximately 12 times more of the powerful antioxidant L-Ergothioneine than wheatgerm, previously thought to be the best source. Antioxidants slow the ageing process from the inside out, which not only affects our appearance but more importantly helps prevent degenerative disease.
- 400g of button mushrooms chopped in half
- 400g of finely chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- ½ cup of fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon of tahini
- 1 tablespoon of tamari
- ½ tablespoon of maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon of white sesame seeds
- ½ teaspoon of black sesame seeds
Over a high heat fry mushrooms in coconut oil until browned and wilted. Turn off heat and allow mushrooms to sit in their juice. Alternatively you can leave them raw. Mix dressing and add fresh parsley.